Rockwall County Helping Hands
Statement of Donor Rights
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way your donation will be used and the capacity the organization has to use your donation.
- To know who is on the governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organizations most recent financial records.
- To be assured your donation will be used the way you want it used.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that your donation will be treated with respect and confidentiality to the extent allowed by law.
- To be informed of the identity of those soliciting in the name of the organization – employee, volunteer or professional fund raiser.
- To feel free to ask questions about the organizations mission statement, vision statement and core values.
- To know that your name won’t be sold by the charity – it in doubt, ask that your name be deleted from any list that will be sold.