The Thrift Store & Boutique of Helping Hands are open from 10am-5pm.
The Donation Drop-Off is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays from 9am-2pm. See below for donation instructions.
(The donation drop-off will be CLOSED on Thursday, May 28th)
Donations MUST be allowed to sit untouched for at least three days before being processed.
CLOTHING AND HOUSEHOLD GOODS will be received at the RISD Administration Gym (1050 Williams St. (next door to the Thrift Store & Boutique)) Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays from 9 am to 2 pm. We cannot accept loose clothing or other donations, it must be bagged or boxed. Donors will need to be a part of the unloading process to ensure everyone’s safety.
FURNITURE will be received at 950 Williams St. (Thrift Store & Boutique) Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays from 9 am to 2 pm.
Lines for donations may be long, please come prepared for a wait in the initial days of re-opening. Click Here for acceptable and unacceptable items list.
No Pickups will be done at this time.
Helping Hands accepts drop off donation items:
950 Williams Street
Rockwall, Texas 75087
We have set up a new process around our parking lot to get to the Donation Drop Off Area. Our goal is to free up some parking spaces near the building and alleviate traffic back ups on HWY 66. We have put out extra signs to help guide you through our new route.
- When you turn into our parking lot from HWY 66, make an immediate left.
- Continue to the corner if the parking lot and turn right just before the white trailer.
- Go all the way to the back of the parking lot and turn right as you get to the end of the white and gold semi- trailers (you should see the donation area).
- Watch for the new stop sign, and wait for an attendant to call you forward.
- When you leave the Donation Area, please follow the same route back out. From the far side, you will be able to enter the parking area or turn right into the driveway to exit.
Our ability to accept donations will be limited based on weather conditions. Please call 972-771-1655 for information about donations and receiving.
The Helping Hands truck will pick up large furniture or bulk items for residents of Rockwall County.
Pick ups can be scheduled Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm.
To schedule a pick up, please contact Michelle Tauzin at 972-771-1655.
The Thrift Store and Boutique rely on our generous community to donate usable merchandise. Thrift Store sales provide more than 40% of our agency’s revenue. Please be a responsible donor.
Acceptable donations include:
- Books in good condition
- Clothes that are clean and free of holes and stains
- Electronics in working order
- Furniture in good repair
- Handbags and fashion accessories
- Household items that are not chipped or broken
- Home Décor in good condition