Health Maintenance Plan
Helping Hands has a long understanding of people’s struggles to afford the basics of healthy living. We know that finding quality health care coverage — whether it’s for yourself, your family, or your employees — can be a daunting task. We know that healthy people miss less time at work, and in turn are more productive on the job. We know that insurance benefits for small businesses are expensive. We know that many self-employed individuals simply cannot afford the premiums that health insurance companies charge. That’s why the Health Center of Helping Hands has designed a unique health plan for the growing number of uninsured and underinsured members of our community. The Health Maintenance Plan program is designed to offer preventative health care services for one year, at an annual fee of $305. You can enroll at any time. All medical services are redeemable at the Health Center.
The Health Maintenance Plan Is Ideal For
- Small business owners that cannot afford to offer health benefits to employees
- Self-employed individuals
- Healthy individuals that need regular wellness checkups and preventative care
- Those with high-deductible insurance plans
*The Health Center of Helping Hands Maintenance Plan is not an insurance policy and enrollment therein does not constitute insurance coverage for the purchase of an insurance policy of any kind. The fees paid for the Health Maintenance Plan are not insurance premiums.
Helping Hands is not an insurance company or insurance provider and is not regulated or governed by the Texas Department of Insurance or any governmental entity.
Benefits of the Health Maintenance Plan
- Establish a medical home with a caring provider
- One-time fee
- Same-day appointments
- Reduce amount of sick days taken by employees
- Keep premium costs from rising
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
YOUR CARD INCLUDES:
- 4 Office Visits
- 1 Seasonal Flu Shot
- One-Time Maintenance Labs or 4 Individual Labs
- Annual Health Exam
The Sliding Scale Program
Rockwall County Helping Hands has invested over 40 years in the Rockwall community, and health care has been a part of the Helping Hands organization for more than 20 years. We understand that medical expenses can add up quickly and out of the blue. We are committed to helping those in our community who need help and hope in troubled times.
The Sliding Scale program was established to help families that are in temporary times of crisis and cannot afford health care. If your household income falls at or below 185% of Federal Poverty Level guidelines, you may be a candidate for the Sliding Scale program.
In order to qualify, you must:
- Be uninsured
- Be a resident of Rockwall County
- Provide proof of residency and income
- Submit required documentation
- Complete the Sliding Scale application
- Interview with Health Center staff
Sliding Scale applications are processed by appointment only. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call the Health Center at 972-722-8194.