Assistance & Referral hours have been adjusted to Monday-Friday from 9am-12pm & 1pm-4pm.
Day-to-Day Operations at Assistance & Referral and Food Pantry
- All financial assistance will be by appointment.
- Food assistance will be M-F 9a-12p and 1p-4p at the pantry.
- Call, email or Facebook message us for an assistance assessment.
Call us at 972.771.4357
Follow or message us on Facebook @Rockwall Helping Hands
Rockwall County Helping Hands food pantry is run in conjunction with the Assistance and Referral Program, offering relief to those families who are unable to put food on the table due to a crisis. Families coming for assistance with food are provided with enough canned goods, staples and refrigerated and frozen items to last 5 - 7 days.
Each year, thanks to your donations, Helping Hands gives away over 190,000 lbs of food to our neighbors in short term crisis. Helping Hands realizes that hunger is a real problem within our community, and the agency works to share this chronic need with Rockwall County.
Occasionally Helping Hands has to purchase staples and meats for the pantry, but the vast majority of food is supplied through food drives by schools, churches, U.S. Postal employees and youth groups such as the Boy and Girl Scouts. Many individuals and families make donations of food to the pantry as well.
We are grateful to local stores, such as Kroger, Tom Thumb, and Costco that provide bakery goods and other items for the food pantry. They are treats to an otherwise predictable pantry fare.
If you or your organization would be interested in conducting a food drive, contact:
Sherry Hamm - Food Pantry Manager
972-771-4357 Ext. 206
Purchase Needed Pantry Items Online
Funding Our Programs
With your help in 2019, Emergency Assistance:
- kept 280 families in their homes,
- gave over 1,120 families utilities, clothing or other furnishings,
- distributed over 187,100 pounds of food,
- provided school supplies and backpacks for 1,060 students,
- provided 302 Thanksgiving meal baskets,
- and provided 4 new Christmas toys and 3 stocking stuffers to each of the 1,140 children served.