We Could Use a Hand
Volunteer your time and talent to Rockwall. You’ll make new friends and directly help Rockwall residents in need. Our beloved volunteers serve throughout the agency, lending a helping hand to staff members in each department. Volunteers strengthen the organization and bring support to our programs, which include Assistance & Referral, Special Events Volunteers and The Thrift Store Boutique.
To become a volunteer, please complete the online application below and attend one volunteer orientation. Alternatively, you can download the application and fill it out.
Volunteer Orientations are generally held on the first Thursday of every month. Someone will contact you with information on our next available orientation.
Due to Covid-19, we have not been scheduling monthly orientations for volunteering.
Thrift Store & Boutique
Thrift Store & Boutique volunteers work Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and assist with daily store operations.
- Customer Service: Assisting customers with merchandise on sales floor
- Receiving: Assisting with the intake of donations
- Organizing and Sorting: Assisting with organizing, testing and sorting new donations for the sales floor
- Sales Floor: Assisting staff on the sales floor with organizing, cleaning and merchandising
- AM Shift: 9am-1pm
- PM Shift: 1pm-5pm
*Shifts may be shortened to two-hour shifts
Assistance & Referral
Assistance & Referral Volunteers, or Front Desk Greeters, assist with the initial intake process, as well as take pantry orders from clients in need of food.
- Hours: Monday- Friday
- AM Shift: 9am-12pm PM Shift: 1pm-4pm
Special Events Volunteers
- Set Up & Take Down: Assisting with set up and take down duties before and after the event
- Gift Bags & Mailings: Assisting with assembling gift bags and Helping Hands mailers as needed
- Raffle Ticket Sales: Assist with the selling of tickets before and during events
- Check-in & Check-out: Assisting with checking guests in/out before and after event
- Hours: Varies depending on event.