We Could Use a Hand
Volunteer your time and talent to Rockwall. You’ll make new friends and directly help Rockwall residents in need. Our beloved volunteers serve throughout the agency, lending a helping hand to staff members in each department. Volunteers strengthen the organization and bring support to our programs, which include Assistance & Referral, Special Events Volunteers and The Thrift Store Boutique.
To become a volunteer, please complete the online application below and attend one volunteer orientation. Alternatively, you can download the application and fill it out. ***If you have been sentenced to perform community service hours, DO NOT fill out volunteer application but call Kathy Dinuovo at 972/771-1655 x102.
Volunteer Orientations are generally held on the first Thursday of every month. Someone will contact you with information on our next available orientation.
Due to Covid-19, we have not been scheduling monthly orientations for volunteering.
Thrift Store & Boutique
Thrift Store & Boutique volunteers work Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and assist with daily store operations.
- Customer Service: Assisting customers with merchandise on sales floor
- Receiving: Assisting with the intake of donations
- Organizing and Sorting: Assisting with organizing, testing and sorting new donations for the sales floor
- Sales Floor: Assisting staff on the sales floor with organizing, cleaning and merchandising
- AM Shift: 9am-1pm
- PM Shift: 1pm-5pm
*Shifts may be shortened to two-hour shifts
Assistance & Referral
Assistance & Referral Volunteers, or Front Desk Greeters, assist with the initial intake process, as well as take pantry orders from clients in need of food.
- Hours: Monday- Friday
- AM Shift: 9am-12pm PM Shift: 1pm-4pm
Special Events Volunteers
- Set Up & Take Down: Assisting with set up and take down duties before and after the event
- Gift Bags & Mailings: Assisting with assembling gift bags and Helping Hands mailers as needed
- Raffle Ticket Sales: Assist with the selling of tickets before and during events
- Check-in & Check-out: Assisting with checking guests in/out before and after event
- Hours: Varies depending on event.