The mission of Rockwall County Helping Hands is to strive to ensure that no one in Rockwall County goes to bed hungry, without a roof overhead, or without access to needed medical care. The organization serves as a medical home to the underserved and offers financial assistance to those in need.
Generous friends, like you, are the reason Rockwall County Helping Hands continues to assist families, individuals, and seniors in need in our community. By setting up planned giving through our Rockwall County Helping Hands Legacy Society, you can invest in the future of the agency. Planned donations support the mission of Rockwall County Helping Hands while allowing donors to benefit from federal and state tax laws that may reduce income taxes, lower gift and estate taxes, or provide income during the donor’s lifetime. Your financial advisor can help determine the best way for you to plan a gift.
There are four suggested ways to plan to give to Rockwall County Helping Hands:
Donating your life insurance policy to Rockwall County Helping Hands can be a powerful strategy. It allows you to make larger gifts than you might otherwise afford, while generating current tax benefits. There are four suggested ways to donate your life insurance policy:
- Donating a life insurance policy to Rockwall County Helping Hands outright
- Charitable gift annuities. Exchanging a life insurance policy for a charitable gift annuity allows you to deduct the value of the benefit received by Rockwall County Helping Hands while retaining an income stream for the rest of your life.
- Wealth replacement. You can use other assets to make charitable gifts and to hold on to the life insurance policy to replace that wealth.
Gifts of securities include not only publicly traded stocks like Microsoft or Wal-Mart, but gifts of mutual funds, Treasury bills and notes, corporate and municipal bonds, and stock in non-publicly held companies. If you own stock for more than one year that has gone up in value, you can donate the stock to Rockwall County Helping Hands, get a deduction equal to the fair market value of the stock at the time of the transfer (its increased value), and never pay capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the stock.
Donation of Appreciated Stock
Appreciated securities are investments that have increased in value from the time they were purchased, and can take the form of publicly traded stock, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), closely held stock, or mutual funds. Contributing such assets may enable you to potentially eliminate capital gains tax liability on the sale of the assets, enjoy a current year tax deduction, if the you itemize, while allowing Rockwall County Helping Hands to receive the most money possible.
Name Us in Your Will
The reasons why donors make charitable bequests are as varied as donors themselves. One common factor, however, is a sincere desire to give back to the community or to a particular charitable organization. Other advantages include:
- It is easy. Making a bequest is as simple as inserting a few sentences into your will such as, “I give $10,000 to Rockwall County Helping Hands.”
- It is revocable. With a bequest you are not actually making a gift until your death. Until then, you are free to alter your plans, eliminating the worry that you might make a commitment you could later regret.
- It is tax-smart. Your estate is entitled to an unlimited estate tax charitable deduction for bequests to qualified charitable organizations.
For More Information
As with all important financial transactions, expert assistance is essential. We will be glad to answer questions and provide confidential projected results for your specific situation; however, you should ALWAYS consult with your personal legal and financial advisors BEFORE entering into any significant transaction.
Federal Tax Identification Number
Rockwall County Helping Hands
P.O. Box 375
Rockwall, Texas 75087
Rockwall County Helping Hands
Federally Chartered 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation
Senior Director of Philanthropy